Moonlight Basin wants your vacation to be filled with fun memories; that includes getting here. To help you have an enjoyable travel experience we work with many transportation mediums to ensure your arrive safely with a smile.
Direct flights to Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN) are available from many major metropolitan areas including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Seattle.
NEW! Direct flights are now available from Newark Airport!
Flights are available through: Alaska/Horizon, Allegiant Air, Delta, Frontier Airlines, Northwest Airlines and United.
The Yellowstone Airport offers direct flights from Salt Lake City, UT on SkyWest Airlines. The airport services southwest Montana from June through September.
The Logan International Airport in Billings, Montana offers flight through: Allegiant Air, Delta, Horizon, SkyWest, United, and Silver Airways.
Ennis-Big Sky Airport(KEKS) is the closest airport to access Moonlight Basin. With a 6,600 foot runway and a premier full-service FBO, Ennis-Big Sky Airport fulfills all of your private aircraft needs including hangars and maintenance services. This airport is dedicated to corporate, charter flights, and scenic flights. Choice Aviation is the FBO on the field and is open 7 days a week 365 days a year.
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (KBZN) caters to the corporate aircraft customers as well. It offers multiple runways, and can be found right outside of Bozeman. FBO services are provided by Arlin’s Aircraft Services and Yellowstone Jet Center.
Need A Chartered Aircraft?:
Moonlight Basin is teamed up with Choice Aviation at (KEKS) at Ennis-Big Sky Airport to provide our guest with a seamless door-to-door service. With 16 aircraft in its fleet, they have a solution to your charter aircraft needs.
Moonlight Basin highly recommends all guests get rental transportation. Call Guest Services today for a complete list of rental car companies. (406) 995-7716
Once you arrive at Bozeman Yellowstone International Ariport, Karst Stage Shuttle or the Shuttle to Big Sky & Taxi can provide an enjoyable, relaxing way to get to and from Moonlight Basin and Gallatin Field Airport as well as around the Big Sky area- Affordable, Private, Door to Door Transportation.
Rental cars: Located near the Gallatin Field Airport are a variety of rental car companies, including Avis, Budget, Dollar Rent-A-Car, Enterprise, Hertz, National Car Rental, and Alamo Rent-A-Car.Moonlight Basin is 45 miles from the Gallatin Field Airport; a stunning one-hour drive along the Gallatin River. Drivers can expect canyon and mountain driving conditions.
Skyline Bus – Bozeman & Big Sky Skylink:
Skyline Bus Service provides an affordable link between Bozeman and Big Sky, and free transportation within Big Sky.
Skyline Bus: (406) 995-6287 or visit skylinebus.com
The Ski Lift: Need a Lift?
Need a ride to Moonlight Basin this winter? Check out theskilift.org. It’s the world’s largest ski rideshare, and it’s also completely free. Meet other skiers and snowboarders who are looking to carpool and save gas money, reduce traffic, and emissions. Find users who either ski or snowboard, match your ability level, as well as match your personal preferences for the car ride.
Getting To Moonlight Basin:
From Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN)
- Exit Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, turn right onto the frontage road.
- Drive 1.4 miles west through the town of Belgrade.
- Turn left onto Jackrabbit Lane. Pass over Interstate 90. Jackrabbit Lane turns into Highway 191.
- Proceed south on Hwy. 191 for approx. 40 miles.
- At the stoplight, turn right onto Lone Peak Trail/MT 64 towards Big Sky, Montana.
- Go west 11 miles following the signs for Moonlight Basin.
- Our rock Entryway will welcome you to the resort.
- Get on Main Street and continue west past the Gallatin Valley Mall.
From Downtown Bozeman
- Main Street becomes Huffine Lane. Continue west approximately 8 miles until you reach the stop light at the intersection of Hwy. 191 and
- Huffine Lane (Four Corners).
- Turn left (south) on Hwy. 191 for 39 miles.
- Turn right (west) at MT Hwy. 64 (stoplight) and go west 9 miles to the Mountain Village, passing through the Meadow Village. Continue
- heading up the mountain.
- The road will dead end at the Moonlight Basin Entryway.
From West Yellowstone
- Head north out of West Yellowstone, MT on Hwy 287/191.Approximately 10 miles north of West Yellowstone, Hwy 287 turns to the west, but you will continue straight on Hwy 191.
- You will pass through a corner of Yellowstone Park along the 47 mile route.
- You will be near the turn to Big Sky (Hwy 64) when you pass an elementary school on the left and an Exxon station and other commercial businesses on the right.
- At the stoplight turn west (left) on Hwy 64 then follow the same directions above to the Mountain Village.
Getting Around Moonlight Basin:
Guests staying with Moonlight Lodging in Big Sky will have complementary shuttle service throughout the resort during the winter season. Please contact our Guest Services team at (406) 995-7600 for more information about Summer transportation options.
Moonlight Lodging Shuttle hours: 8 AM – 11 PM, 7 DAYS A WEEK during the Winter season.
Skyline Bus Service provides free transportation within Big Sky.
Skyline Bus: (406) 995-6287 or visit skylinebus.com
Please contact Guest Services at (406) 995-7716 for other travel arrangements, recommendations and shuttle times.
If you have your own transportation, please refer to the maps below for navigating around Moonlight Basin and the Big Sky Area.