Getting To Moonlight Basin:
From Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN)
- Exit Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, turn right onto the frontage road.
- Drive 1.4 miles west through the town of Belgrade.
- Turn left onto Jackrabbit Lane. Pass over Interstate 90. Jackrabbit Lane turns into Highway 191.
- Proceed south on Hwy. 191 for approx. 40 miles.
- At the stoplight, turn right onto Lone Peak Trail/MT 64 towards Big Sky, Montana.
- Go west 11 miles following the signs for Moonlight Basin.
- Our rock Entryway will welcome you to the resort.
From Downtown Bozeman
- Get on Main Street and continue west past the Gallatin Valley Mall.
- Main Street becomes Huffine Lane. Continue west approximately 8 miles until you reach the stop light at the intersection of Hwy. 191 and Huffine Lane (Four Corners).
- Turn left (south) on Hwy. 191 for 39 miles.
- Turn right (west) at MT Hwy. 64 (stoplight) and go west 9 miles to the Mountain Village, passing through the Meadow Village. Continue heading up the mountain.
- The road will dead end at the Moonlight Basin Entryway.
From West Yellowstone
- Head north out of West Yellowstone, MT on Hwy 287/191.Approximately 10 miles north of West Yellowstone, Hwy 287 turns to the west, but you will continue straight on Hwy 191.
- You will pass through a corner of Yellowstone Park along the 47 mile route.
- You will be near the turn to Big Sky (Hwy 64) when you pass an elementary school on the left and an Exxon station and other commercial businesses on the right.
- At the stoplight turn west (left) on Hwy 64 then follow the same directions above to the Mountain Village.
Getting Around Moonlight Basin:
Guests staying with Moonlight Lodging in Big Sky will have complementary shuttle service throughout the resort during the winter season. Please contact our Guest Services team at (406) 995-7600 for more information about Summer transportation options.
Moonlight Lodging Shuttle hours: 8 AM – 11 PM, 7 DAYS A WEEK during the Winter season
Please check with our Mountain Concierge at (406) 995-7716 for other travel arrangements, recommendations and shuttle times.
If you have your own transportation, please refer to the maps below for navigating around Moonlight Basin and the Big Sky Area.