Moonlight Basin is closed for skiing and riding for the 2012-2013 Winter Season.
Moonlight Basin feels strongly about continued involvement and participation in our greater region. We see Montana’s youth as being the future of this great state and so we’ve formed the Moonlight Basin Aspirations Reward Team (M-BAR-T). With M-BAR-T, not only do we reach out to our community and stay involved in our region, but we also encourage students to strive for academic improvement and to experience the benefits of outdoor recreation.
Our goal with M-BAR-T is to:
- Inspire young people to achieve academic growth and excellence
- Provide outdoor recreational opportunities to the area’s youth
- Promote skiing as a lifelong activity to be shared with the family
- Allow young people to experience the beauty, freedom, and physical challenge of snow sports.
Our aspirations program is an incentive-based program designed to encourage grade improvement and to reward students for achieving honor roll standards by giving them season passes to ski Moonlight Basin.
For additional information about our M-BAR-T program, please view our 2012-13 Frequently Asked Questions.
M-BAR-T is available to students in 6th-12th grade, attending public, private, and home schools in Gallatin, Madison, Beaverhead, Park, and Sweet Grass counties.
Note: Students who are residents of these counties but attend institutions outside of these counties or attend schools not listed on the application are not eligible.
Public & private school students – achieve 3.0 GPA or higher for grading period (midterm, semester or trimester). As of the 2010-2011 season, the 0.2 GPA increase between grading periods will no longer be accepted to qualify for M-BAR-T.
Home school students - achieve “Complete Composite National Stanine (NS)” score of 7 or above on his/her 2011 Spring Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS)
How to Apply
Click below to download the 2012-13 M-BAR-T Application. Please see the county links below for information on individual school requirements.
1) Download and complete your 2012-13 M-BAR-T season pass application.
2) Grade verification is completed by each school individually. The process is different for each one. Please see the county links below for details on how your child’s school qualifies students for this program.
3) Applications must be submitted in person; please do not fax, mail or email your application. Submit your completed application with student and parent information, signatures, and $99 administration fee to the Season Pass Office located at the Madison Village Base Area.
Starting in the 2009-10 season – copies of grade reports are not accepted as proof of M-BAR-T qualification. The county links below have been updated as of 12/8/2011.
Beaverhead County Schools
Gallatin County Schools
Madison County Schools
Park County Schools
Sweet Grass County Schools
Home School Program
Only those public and private schools listed above qualify for the M-BAR-T program. Students must maintain eligibility to keep their season pass active. Grade status will be verified again mid-season. Should a student not maintain honor roll status (3.0 GPA) or continue school enrollment, the pass will be deactivated and will not be valid for the remainder of the winter season.
For more information about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encouraging Montana’s Youth – One Pass at a Time.