Photographing Yellowstone Wildlife
Moonlight Basin is just an hour away from Yellowstone National Park, one of the nation’s premier destinations for nature photography, and for good reason. With the park’s interior road openings this spring, a spectacular array of native species, breathtaking vistas, and some of the worlds most famous geothermal features can be found just outside your car door. Herds of bison mosey down the streets, grizzly bears roam through tall golden grasses, and wolf packs can be seen stalking elk on fire red horizons. Yellowstone is a place that dreams(and great photos) are made of!
Check out the Moonlight Basin Blog for more photos and information!
Summer Lodging Specials
Stay with Moonlight Lodging in Big Sky
July 1-October 1, 2013 and your 5th night is on us!
Moonlight Basin is the perfect home base for your Montana Summer vacation; whether you are looking for a heart-pounding adventure, or a chance to kick back, relax and recharge. Once you’ve booked your lodging, let our knowledgeable Guest Service team help you create your ideal experience!
- Explore our 16 miles of breathtaking trails by foot or by bike
- Pamper yourself with a luxurious specialty treatment at the Moonlight Spa
- Make a splash at our slopeside heated pool & hot tub (free for guests of Moonlight Lodging)
- Take a thrilling whitewater rafting ride down the Gallatin River
- Experience world-class fly fishing (with a guide or on your own) on the Madison or Gallatin Rivers.
- Check out incredible geological features and diverse wildlife with a Yellowstone National Park tour
- Hop over to BaseCamp at Big Sky Resort (just 2 minutes away) for exciting activities like ziplining, high ropes course, scenic tram rides and more!
- Enjoy a Montana Summer sunset from your own, private hot tub.
Start planning YOUR dream Montana escape today! Call (877) 713-8698 or BOOK ONLINE
*Offer valid on stays July 1- October 1, 2013. New reservations only, some restrictions apply, cannot be combined with any other offer.